Tuesday, January 12, 2010

From the BA Lounge

Wilco for the ride to the airport.  Only Wilco could have eased my racing mind as we drove to the airport. My mother got emotional in the passenger seat and my father gripped the steering wheel with white knuckles.  I felt like I was on the bus to my first day of high school, or on my way to take my drivers license test, I knew that there was a challenge ahead of me, but it was something I had to do.  The rewards would be innumerable.   
This whole trip is actually an elaborate "Taken" reenactment.  Kleeman and I will eventually be sold on the black market for our sex.  I wonder how much we're worth?
Because of our flight delay on Saturday, Kleeman and I got to ride business class to London from Philadelphia.  This included an open bar and dinner before the flight.  We left on Monday night at ten, and arrived in London at 11 on Tuesday (London time).  MF Doom kept the beat as I walked through the terminals of Heathrow, my head bobbing up and down incessantly.  I must have looked like I had Parkinson's Disease, but just in my neck.
Now I'm sitting in British Airways Lounge, listening to Josh Rouse on Blogotheque. (He did a bunch of impromptu performances on the streets on Barcelona.  Very apropos.  Blogotheque is my new favorite website.  Go check it out!
There's that stupid phrase, "You have the world at your fingertips" or something stupid like that, I might have made that phrase up, but either way, I feel as though in this moment that stupid, cliche phrase couldn't be more true.          

Across the Sea

http://vimeo.com/8517630 (Josh Rouse in Barcelona)

   

2 comments:

  1. Love it Ethan! Keep it up, have fun, be careful and I know you will get the most out of your adventures and learning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ethan, keep writing...You Mom and I are living vicariously through you and Andrew! Enjoy every moment of each day!! Happy Trails...Love you both, your second mom, Wendy

    ReplyDelete